What can we help you with?
Top Tips to Enjoy the New Premium Economy Flights to Sydney
Mon, 07/20/2015 - 06:24
From 9 August 2015, customers travelling on select flights from Singapore to Sydney will be the first to experience the new Premium Economy Class.
“Many of our customers’ suggestions have been incorporated into the new product, and we are confident it will be well received by travellers who are looking for more features – in the seat design, in-flight offerings and exclusive privileges – all underpinned by the exceptional service that SIA is well known for, both on the ground and in the air.” Mr Goh Choon Phong, CEO , Singapore Airlines
In short – more space, better food, comfort and convenience.
In addition, Premium Economy Class customers will enjoy priority check-in and a baggage allowance of 35kg.
If you are still looking for incentives to try the service out, here’s a gigantic one, you can visit Sydney! Vibrant. Stylish. Alluring. There aren’t enough adjectives to describe this dazzling city.
These days Sydney is regularly featured on all those lists of the top 10 places to live or visit before you die. Sydney is also Australia’s most visited city.
Sydney top tips:
* The Sydney CBD is very walkable. Start your tour with a free walking tour. Rain, or shine, I’m Free Walking Tours happen everyday at 10.30am and 2.30pm.
*The dramatic Bondi to Coogee Coastal Walk offers plenty of coves and beaches for a dip or a delicious lunch. Starting at Bondi Iceburgs, it should take 2 hours with children along. Catch the train from Central to Bondi Junction, then a bus to Bondi Beach
* Walk across the Harbour Bridge and take in the panoramic views or, for about $11, visit the Pylon Lookout and get amazing views and 3 levels of exhibits about the history of the Bridge.
*Hyde Park, Australia’s oldest park, is the city’s central green space. Walk along an impressive fig lined central pathway through the park to St Mary’s cathedral, numerous monuments and statues.
* Walk from the Opera House until you reach Mrs Macquarie’s Chair, one of the best places to see Sydney. Take a picnic and a nice bottle of wine!
* To discover a quieter, calmer side of Sydney Harbour, try the Middle Harbour Eco Tour using kayaks.
* Learn to Surf Bondi, the south facing beach is perfect for beginners as you are protected and the surf is tamer. Let’s Go Surfing is the learn-to-surf company in Bondi.
* Prefer slow and elegant? Sydney Tall Ships offer tours of Sydney Harbour whilst dining on barbecued prawns, fresh oysters, crab rolls and sipping a glass of chilled champagne.
Best by District
* Paddington – Pretty Victorian terraces, boutique shopping and the famous Saturday market.
* Circular Quay – Bustling with the endless shops, outdoor cafes and restaurants that line the harbour.
* Manly – Top family seaside. Sheltered swimming, aquarium, palm trees, fish and chips on the promenade.
* The historic Rocks District – Cobblestone streets and weekend markets.
* Newtown – Great coffee, funky bars and multi-ethnic cuisine.
* Surry Hills – Old terrace homes, home to many local artists.
Singapore Airlines’ Premium Economy Class will be progressively introduced to other sectors, including Beijing, Delhi, Hong Kong, Frankfurt, London, Mumbai, New York, Shanghai, Tokyo and Zurich in the latter part of 2015 and early 2016. Customers may visit www.singaporeair.com for current flight schedules and fare details.