DirectAsia was established in Singapore since 2010 and is owned by Hiscox, who is one of the world’s leading international specialist insurer groups listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE:HSX).
We specialise in personal insurance such as Motor and Travel and have been insuring travel insurance for international schools in Singapore since 2018.
We offer bespoke travel covers that offers customised comprehensive coverage required for the school organised overseas trips to suit the needs for both students and staffs.
Partnership with International SOS
Coverage at a glance
- Overseas medical expenses for an injury or sickness suffered whilst overseas
- Emergency Medical Evacuation - to move a student/staff to another location for medical treatment or to return to Singapore
- Trip Cancellation and Curtailment - cover a student/staff for any irrecoverable unused pre-paid transport, activities, meals and accommodation costs
- COVID Cover - covers medical expenses and trip cancellation and curtailment due to COVID
|Overseas Medical Expenses|
|Overseas Medical Expenses||$200,000/person||$500,000/person|
|Overseas Medical Expenses due to COVID|
|Overseas Medical Expenses due to COVID||$150,000/person||$150,000/person|
|Medical Evacuation and Repatriation|
|Medical Evacuation and Repatriation||$1,500,000/person||$1,500,000/person|
|Emergency Evacuation due to COVID / Repatriation of Mortal Remains|
|Emergency Evacuation due to COVID / Repatriation of Mortal Remains||$100,000/person||$100,000/person|
|Trip cancellation and curtailment, Trip Postponement, reluctance to travel following an act of terrorism|
|Trip cancellation and curtailment, Trip Postponement, reluctance to travel following an act of terrorism||Up to S$10,000/person||Up to S$15,000/person|
|Trip cancellation and curtailment due to COVID|
|Trip cancellation and curtailment due to COVID||S$3,000/person|
|Personal possessions||Per person covered for one mobile phone, one tablet device and one computer (including laptops, games and gaming consoles) per insured trip.|
|Travel Documents and Money|
|Travel Documents and Money||Covered cost of replacing essential travel documents (passport and/or visa) and personal money(capped at S$500) if they are stolen.|
|Travel Delay Reimbursement||S$1,000/person||S$1,500/person|
|Death and Permanent Disability|
|Death and Permanent Disability||S$300,000/person||S$500,000/person|
DirectAsia covers a student/staff for medical expenses reasonably and necessarily incurred for medical treatment if they suffer an injury or sickness whilst overseas on the insured trip and initial medical treatment has been sought within 48 hours of their return to Singapore, for a maximum of 30 days from their return to Singapore.
Specified pre-existing condition are covered under certain circumstances.
|Overseas per Adult or Child|
|Overseas per Adult or Child||$200,000||$500,000|
|Singapore per Adult or Child|
|Singapore per Adult or Child||$10,000||$25,000|
|Chinese medical practitioner sub limit (overseas or in Singapore)|
|Chinese medical practitioner sub limit (overseas or in Singapore)||$500||$750|
DirectAsia will pay you up to the limit in the summary of limits for reasonable accommodation and meal expenses you incurred with proof of purchase, up to $50 for every full 6 consecutive hours of delay during the period of travel delay if the scheduled departure of public transport or scheduled arrival at the planned destination is delayed from the time specified by the carrier. The delay must be due to strike or other industrial action, riot, civil commotion, a natural disaster, an Act of God, adverse weather conditions including haze or the mechanical breakdown or derangement of that public transport or an epidemic, pandemic, outbreak of communicable disease or other such similar health hazard in the planned destination.
If the carrier cancels the public transport during an insured trip, we will pay the difference between the refund and the cost of the next available equivalent ticket to facilitate continuation of the trip, up to a maximum of $500. We will not pay for any subsequent delay or for additional expenses arising from this next available equivalent ticket.
|Travel Delay per adult, child or senior limit|
|Travel Delay per adult, child or senior limit||$500||$750|
Trip Cancellation and Curtailment
- DirectAsia will cover a student/staff for any irrecoverable unused pre-paid transport, activities, meals and accommodation costs (excluding insurance premium and SOS service fees), that are cancelled within 30 days before he/she is due to start the school trip provided the cancellation is necessary and unavoidable due to:
- Serious injury, serious illness, death of the student/staff, or an immediate family member of theirs
- Natural disaster, an Act of God or adverse weather conditions
- Unexpected outbreak of strike, riot or civil commotion arising in the planned destination
- An epidemic, pandemic, outbreak of communicable disease or other such similar health hazard in the planned destination which were unknown when the trip was booked, or the policy was purchased
- Insolvency of airline or a Singapore-licensed travel agency
- DirectAsia will reimburse any irrecoverable unused pre-paid transport, activities, meals and accommodation costs (excluding insurance premium and SOS service fees) and pay for additional economy class transport expenses and any reasonable hotel costs if the trip is necessarily and unavoidably disrupted (i.e. abandoned, lengthened or curtailed) due to one of the above causes, if the trip has already commenced
It is hereby noted that we consider an adult insured accompanying a child insured back to Singapore following a covered event in this section as a necessary cost which we would pay. The maximum we will reimburse or pay you in total across trip cancellation, curtailment and delay is the per person limit in the summary of limits.
|Per person limit|
|Per person limit||$10,000||$15,000|
Emergency Medical Evacuation
DirectAsia will pay the cost to move a student/staff to another location for medical treatment or to return to Singapore, if in DirectAsia's opinion it is medically appropriate after they suffer injury or sickness overseas during an insured trip.
|Per adult and child|
|Per adult and child||$1,500,000||$1,500,000|
- DirectAsia will cover for student/staff medical expenses that are reasonably and necessarily incurred for medical treatment if he/she is diagnosed with COVID-19 whilst overseas on the school trip.
- When initial medical treatment has been sought overseas and requires follow-up treatment in Singapore due to COVID-19, or when initial medical treatment has been sought within 48 hours of your return to Singapore due to COVID-19, DirectAsia will pay for medical treatment within Singapore for a maximum of 30 days from the student's/staff's return to Singapore.
|Overseas per person|
|Overseas per person||$150,000|
|Singapore per person|
|Singapore per person||$2,000|
For further inquiries or to craft a tailored travel plan for your school, please contact us at email@example.com