The Claims Executive is the personal claims specialist for the customers and represents our DirectAsia brand. He/She is the expert in handling motor claims. He/she needs to be decisive, move quickly and able to innovate. In the course of claims work, he/she will work closely within the team and with the Underwriting, Customer Care, Marketing, etc and external service providers to bring forth excellent customer experience and accurate claims settlement.
- Advise policyholders and claimants on policy and claims related matters.
- Able to negotiate and settle claims with Third Party claimants, insurers, lawyers and workshops accurately and timely.
- Ensure each claim is assessed correctly in accordance to policy coverage and within the Authority Limit given, with adequate reserve set.
- Ensure all correspondences and enquires, including complaints, are well managed and responded to in a timely manner with excellent claims service.
- Liaise effectively with service providers and provide the required support to them, with the objective of delivering quality claims service experience.
- Review claim files.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Key relationships (includes but not limited to):
- Claims Team (Claims Manager, Senior Claims Specialist, Claims Specialist, In-house Surveyors, Admin)
- Customer Care Team
- Authorised workshops, Third party workshops, External service providers, Law firms.
- Good analytical mind and decision making even when under pressure.
- Independent and fast learner, able to grasp
- processes and system quickly
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and customer oriented
- Positive, teachable and have a can-do attitude
- High integrity
- Lives and breathes our Values
- High change agility (Good to have)
Skills and Knowledge
- Good knowledge of local legislations
- Strong verbal and written communicator
At least min 3yrs year of relevant working experience in the insurance industry, preferably experienced in handling motor claims.
A recognised Diploma or Degree in any discipline, with Insurance qualifications in General Insurance or min 5yrs.
If this job interests you, we would love to hear from you!
Join us at Direct Asia; where happier matters!
We invite interested applicants to submit their resume, including current and expected salaries to email@example.com.