Refer a friend to DirectAsia
Both you & your family/friend receives $25 shopping vouchers
Comprehensive Travel Insurance For Every Traveller
Annual travel insurance plans for individuals, starting from only $149
Annual family travel insurance covers up to 4 children for free with 2 adults. Children receive same coverage as adults. Domestic helper can also be included as optional benefit. For bigger group, click here to view our group travel insurance plan.
We strive to offer you only the best annual travel insurance plans in Singapore
We know that everyone has different needs when it comes to travelling – tailor your policy with our Optional Benefits so that you can opt-in for features you want.
We have 3 Optional Benefits that will help cover different aspects of your travel needs:
Your policy automatically covers you when you are taking part in extreme sports and activities (i.e any action or adventure sport which involves a high degree of risk). Some of the extreme sports that we cover under this Optional Benefit (with an annual travel insurance policy) include: Skiing, snowboarding, hiking, trekking, martial arts, boxing, triathlons, obstacle races, rugby, etc.
If you are passionate about sports, we know you like to bring your own equipment while travelling (e.g skis, snowboards, scuba equipment, etc). With an annual travel insurance policy, opting for this Optional Benefit means we will pay for the loss, theft or accidental damage to your sports equipment.
You can choose to add your foreign domestic worker to your family plan. Family holidays will be more fun with more hands to help!
Click here to learn more about our Optional Benefits for Travel Insurance
Why get Travel Insurance with DirectAsia?
With a customer satisfaction rating ofmore than 90%, rest assured that we focus on constantly improving to serve you better everyday. Happy customers make our team happy.
All child payable limits are the same as adults under our family travel insurance plans.
We will pay for a family member to be with you in the case that you are alone and hospitalized overseas for at least 5 days.
Hear it from our Travel Insurance customers
Frequently Asked Questions about our Travel Insurance
Group Plan if traveling with 1 or more friends/ relatives. You get to enjoy a group discount when your group size is more than 2.
Family Plan if travelling with your spouse and children. You can include up to 4 children who are aged between 15 days and 18 years old or until 24 years old if they are in full-time tertiary education. If there are only 2 members travelling, you should choose our individual or group plans.
|Australia||Brunei||Cambodia||China (excluding Tibet)|
|New Zealand||Philippines||South Korea||Sri Lanka|
For Worldwide: Those listed above and all other countries.
Please note that we do not cover you for the following countries: Afghanistan, Democratic Republic of Congo, Democratic Republic of Somalia, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Nepal, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, Yemen.
That will depend entirely on your needs and considerations. Factors to consider:
- How much your family would need without your salary to support them should you become disabled or involved in a fatal accident?
- How much expense you need to cover for you and/or your family in case of trip delay or cancellation based on the hotel and flight you booked?
- What are the necessary coverage you need and what would you want to add on for greater peace of mind?
In the case of an act of terror happening near to where you intend to travel to, and within 50km of your booked accommodation, we understand that you may decide to cancel, curtail, or amend your insured trip. So, if you purchase your policy from 2 February 2018 onwards, we will pay for any irrecoverable transport and accommodation expenses for which you have paid or are contracted to pay if you decide to cancel, curtail or amend the trip. The incident must take place after you have booked the trip and within 30 days before you were due to start the insured trip for you to be able to cancel or amend the trip.
We will also pay such costs if you have already travelled and there is an attack within 50km of your booked accommodation and you wish to return back to Singapore early.
- organized races where you are competing against others such as triathlon, cycling and obstacle races;
- winter sports such as skiing and snowboarding;
- hiking or trekking up to 4,000m in altitude (without ropes or specialist equipment);
- martial arts, boxing or other similar activities;
- sports tours where you are competing against other teams in contact sports (e.g. rugby).
With the Extreme Sports and Activities optional benefit, you will be covered for the following activities or sports provided that you have a licensed guide and a registered operator:
- off-piste skiing;
- trekking, hiking or mountain biking in extreme or hazardous areas, rock climbing, caving, pot holing or mountaineering or any similar activities that require the use of ropes;
- scuba diving (up to a depth of 30m);
- parachuting, sky diving, paragliding, parascending, bungee jumping, hang-gliding, or other similar activities;
- white/black water rafting, canoeing or kayaking;
- water skiing, wakeboarding, windsurfing, kitesurfing or other similar activities;
- all-terrain vehicle (ATV), go-kart, sand buggy or similar (you must wear a helmet).
We do not cover the following even if you have opted and paid for the Extreme Sports and Activities optional benefit:
- sports where you are participating as a professional or for any incentive or reward;
- speed time trial or any form of race other than on foot, cycling or swimming;
- trekking or hiking above 4,000m in altitude;
- BASE jumping, wing suit flying or other similar activities;
- ski jumping, bobsleigh, skeleton and heli-skiing or other similar activities;
- taking part in any of the activities without a licensed guide where we have said they are required.
For single trip plans, you may cancel the policy any time before the commencement date. The refund premium will be subject to a cancellation fee of S$10 (inclusive of GST).
The refund is calculated based on the following conditions:
Premium Refund = [Premium x (Unexpired Period of Insurance (Days) / Original Period of Insurance (Days))] - Applicable Cancellation Fee ($10).
You will receive your premium refund within seven working days.
For premium paid via credit card, we will credit the premium refund to the same credit card account originally used. For cash or cheque payment, we will send you a refund via cheque.
You can easily make changes to your personal details 24/7 from our website in the My Account section. You can change your particulars, including contact information, billing info, and more
If you need to talk with us, you may call our customer service centre hotline at 6665 5555 from Monday - Friday: 8am - 8pm or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can contact us to request a change to be made to your cover. Please give us 7 days' notice in order for the change to be effective.
You may call our customer service centre hotline at 6665 5555 from Monday - Friday: 8am - 8pm or email us at email@example.com.